Friday 16 March 2012

Toileing My Black Widow Coat Lining

Today I have been continuing with my Black Widow Coat toile.  The next stage in this process was to pattern the lining and the facing.

 I taped the front and back coat patterns together so that I could draw on my facing pattern.

I then drew on a 4cm facing along the centre front and around the neckline.

I smoothed the line on the corner as I think that it will look better.

I then traced off all the separate pieces.

 On the back pattern I added 1cm to the centre back so that when it is cut on the fold I can insert a 1cm pleat at the top to create ease for movement.


 I also added 1cm to the bottom of the sleeve for ease.

Another part of my coat that I did was to draw on the seam line for the extra panel that I need to create in order to complete the paneling effect.

I then adapted my pattern to accommodate this change.


 After speaking to a tutor for a while about a number of different things I decided that I wanted to move the dart in my lining and that I want to redo my patterns to take out the part of the facing that goes onto the back.

So I moved the dart to the side seam just under the armhole.

 I also made my facing 6cm instead of 4cm and it stops at the shoulder seam instead of carrying onto the back.

I am pleased with what I have done today and feel that I have learned a lot that will help me with this collection and future garments.

No comments:

Post a Comment