Saturday 11 December 2010

Concept

For the new brief that me and my class are currently studying on my fashion course we have to create our own theme and concept through research. I started by researching into French Furniture, I chose to research into this because it is something that really appeals to me as I love the mixture of simpleness with the intricate detailing that goes into it.
From looking at French Furniture in general I started to look at the shapes that go into each piece. I then looked at the busyness of the overall shape. I decided that I wanted to include a contrast after I saw a picture of a French style sofa where the frame was intricately detailed like the French style and the seat was leopard print. So I have decided that on my designs I want to mix the French Furniture style with animal print.
To strengthen my concept I am basing my skirt designs on a story. This story is about my course and the people on it; how everybody is so different but as a group how we all seem to get along and how I personally feel that my personality doesn't really fit in with anybody but as a group we work. I want the idea of my design to be like one of those ideas that sounds so absurd and shouldn't work but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment