Wednesday 2 November 2011

Front Hip Pocket

Sorry that I have left it so long to post this but I have only just got round to it.  In my last pattern cutting lesson I attempted another pocket, this time it was a front hip pocket.  I really like this pocket and think that it is quite easy to follow.  Why don't you try it?

Iron the interfacing onto the front trouser.

 Place the front facing onto the front trouser, right side to right side, and sew 1.5cm seam allowance.

Notch the curve and reduce bulk.

Turn the pieces around so the wrong sides are together and press.

Attach the back piece of the front hip pocket using a 1.5cm seam allowance.  Reduce to 1cm.


 Sew a bias binding strip around the curve (explained previously).  Press.

Secure everything together using 2 short lines of stitch, one at each end of the pocket.

Take the back trouser piece and attach it to the front trouser using 1.5cm seam allowance.  Overlock the edge.

Press the seam line.

No comments:

Post a Comment