Thursday 10 November 2011

Chris Duncan

Another contemporary Illustrator that I have looked at for the current brief is Chris Duncan.

Throughout his work Chris Duncan has used various media including stitch, pencil and paint.  I feel that his work portrays a busy, abstract mood through the dots of pain and the amount of things that he includes.  Personally my favourite element of his work is the clusters of dots as I feel that create a really interesting effect that I also used in abstract artwork.  If I were to take any elements of his work through to my own I would use both the dots and the stitching as I feel that they create an interesting texture and perspective to his work.  I feel that his work would fit into the ready to wear market.

nebopeklo.typepad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment