Sunday 16 January 2011

Research

Well, I have spent nearly every minute of my weekend improving my research for my new brief which I told you about in my previous post; but still don't seem to have got a lot done (this seems to happen a lot). At least my presentation of my book has improved.

One of the people I have researched is Ann Sacks. She is a tile designer and her tiles are some of the most beautiful textures that I have come across.
As you can see from the picture the tiles can be individual or as a mural, either way they would definitely add character to a room. There are three different versions of these tiles and I think that they are all very unique and the way that they are made using the technique sgraffito means no two tiles can be exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment