As my previous post have been explaining I have been making a toile for the current unit. I thought that I would share with you some of my thought process and the reasons for my decisions.
I decided to do a straight skirt because its a very simple shape which matches the simple shapes that are present on the French furniture.
I decided to do a zebra print because of a piece of French furniture that I saw when I was researching my theme of French furniture. Also because it fitted in with my concept as it includes a contrast.
I decided that I wanted to have the edge of the zebra print messy and fraying because it contrasted with the neatness of the French furniture. Also I feel that this frayed edge contrasts with the neat stitched line that is around it.