Friday, 15 April 2011

Shirt Project

In our pattern cutting unit at college we have recently been making a shirt. It is the first time that I have made a shirt so I was excited to see how it would turn out. The shirt included a normal shirt collar, a pocket, and bishop sleeves with cuffs. This is my shirt.
Front
Back
Back pleat to add volume
Front of the collar
Back of the collar
Side of the collar

Pocket
Bishop Sleeve
Drape of the bishop sleeve

The part of the shirt that I found most difficult was inserting the sleeve this was because the block that we used wasn't correct of the shirt and therefore didn't fit. This was and area where we had to use problem solving to correct the issue, to do this we adapted the seam allowance therefore helping the sleeve to fit. I am pleased with the results and even though I have made it out of an old bed sheet (this was because its only a sample) I feel that the finished product is successful.

1 comment:

  1. I like the bishop sleeves and the fabric pattern.

    ReplyDelete