Monday 9 January 2012

Developing Myself as a Designer

As I have now started my FMP all the skills that I have learned so far are going to come into use and I am starting to make the decisions about what I want to represent as a designer, the type of customer that I want to target and the type of garment I want to create.  Over my time at college I have done a lot of experimenting with different styles and I feel that I am now in a position to make these decisions.

I have looking into the designers who's style of garment I like and who I would like to see myself being.

Christian Siriano - I love the colours and the silhouettes that he has used.

Farah Angsana - I like the textures that she has created with the fabrics.

Jason Wu - I love the silhouettes that he has created and the mixture of silhouettes that he uses.

Paul Costelloe - I love the feminine structures that he uses.

Veronica B - I love the slightly quirky silhouettes that she creates and the soft colours.

All images taken from http://www.vogue.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment