Tuesday 3 January 2012

Starting the New Brief

Before I broke up for Christmas we launched the new brief as we were asked to start researching and produce our first 4 single pages over the holidays.

The brief is about designing our final collection so it is the research and design side of this industry.

I decided upon the theme Butterflies to start with, this is because I find the colours and patterns that they have beautiful and feel that this is a good starting point for a collection.

Here are the first 4 species that I have looked at:

Camberwell Beauty
 Marbled White
 Monarch
 Swallowtail


After looking in some more species I hope to look into other more in depth ares of this creature such as the anatomy and the movement.

What do you think about this theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment