Today I have been continuing with the Huntsman Dress toile.
The first thing that I did was complete the patterns for the side inserts.
I then started to construct the toile. I didn't experience any problems with this part of my toile.
As there was two different different methods that could use to insert the side pieces I decided that I would sample both these techniques on my toile.
For the first method I will be attaching the inserts to the surface of the dress along the seamlines of the curved panels so I will have to attach them first.
I am really pleased with the seamlines and feel that I have been able to insert the curved panels well.
I then decided that wanted to lower the neckline. So I marked of the new neckline and the seam allowance so I knew where to cut.
I also wanted to move the seamline at the front so that it met with the one at the back.
I then adapted my patterns to accommodate these new lines.
I then came across a problem, when I had patterned the dress I forgot to consider where I would be putting the fastening; as there will be the inserts at the side I will need to put it in the back. So I cut up the centre back line (but I have to remember that there is no seam allowance) so that I can get the dress on and off the mannequin.
I then constructed the three panels in preparation of the second method of inserting the side inserts.