Tuesday 3 April 2012

Continuing With My Orb Weaver Shirt Toile

Today I have been continuing with my Orb Weaver Shirt Toile.

The first thing that I did was finish inserting the sleeves using french seams; this was quite hard as the fabric kept getting tucks in it but after a few attempts it finally worked.







I then pinned a piece of fabric that had been folded along the bias grain to the back in order to create the cowl.

I marked the side seams and the hem in order to cut the piece down.



I then made my pattern.



I added the notches to front patterns.

I then added a support along the back to keep the front of the shirt in place.


I then constructed my collar.












And attached it to the shirt.





I constructed back support and attached it to the shirt when I attached the cowl.





I started to look at where I would attach the chains.


The next step will be to attach all the chains to the shirt and to attach the cuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment