Thursday 8 December 2011

Inserting the Second Side Piece

In last Fridays pattern cutting lesson I did as much of my toile as I could due to the day being mostly taken over by the visit from William Tempest that I previously posted about.

The first thing that I did was to insert the second of my side pieces, I did the the same way that I did the first one.


This is my toile with both side pieces in, the left hand leg is the one that I had already adapted to make it tighter but as you can see it still isn't tight enough.




To tackle this problem once again I pinned the toile whilst on the mannequin to get the tightest fit.


I then adapted my patterns to accommodate for this change in size.

After this I took the left leg in by 1.5cm ( which is about the amount that I adapted my patterns by) as you can see, it is now slightly too tight but I feel that when I am creating my final trousers the adaptions I have made to my patterns are slightly less than 1.5cm therefore they should be slightly bigger.



What do you think so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment