Thursday 15 December 2011

Starting my Final Trousers

Well I told you in my last couple of posts about finishing my toile and adapting my patterns ready for starting my final trousers, well here it is, the beginning of my final trousers.

I am constructing these slightly differently to my toile as I have made some changes to the construction.

The first thing that I did was to sew together the two fronts as well as the two backs of the inner layer using 1.5cm seam allowance to create two pieces.


 Then I overlocked and pressed the seams open.

  I then repeated these steps on my outer layer pieces.


Now that the fronts and backs are created I can join both layers together.

First I put both front pieces together and gathered both inside legs so the outer layer fitted the inside layer.


I then overlocked the gathered edge.


Finally I repeated this on the back.

What do you think so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment