Thursday 1 December 2011

Starting to create my Toile

In my last Pattern Cutting lesson I started to make my toile.

The first step that I did was to cut out my piece from the appropriate fabrics:
  • Underneath trousers - Calico
  • Outside trousers - Black and White Mesh (final fabric)
  • Side panels - Calico


 After I had cut all of the pieces out I took both of my front inside trousers and sewed them together using a 1.5cm seam allowance along the CF.


Then I notched the seam and pressed open.

I then repeated this process with the back pieces.



After this I sewed the front and the back together using 1.5cm seam allowance, notched and pressed open.

When I did the the one mistake I made was to sew in the front the wrong way around.

I then sewed together the inside leg and crotch area with a 1.5cm seam allowance, notched and pressed open.


This is the inside trousers complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment