Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Fittings Week Day 2

As I had fitted the two outfits yesterday I was able to continue to get them completely finished before fashion show week.

First I patterned for the bottom part of the Tarantula Dress.

Then I cut out the pieces but I realized that I didn't have enough fabric to cut out all four so I decided that I would just include three of these layers.

I then finished the bottom edge of the pieces using bias binding. I ran out of bias binding after the second piece so I will have to wait until tomorrow to do the third.

I am really pleased with this finish and I think that it gives a really nice contrast against the chiffon.

Then I hemmed the Orb Weaver Shirt.  I had a few problems with this as the fabric slipped in the machine which made it twist.  To solve this I plan to unpick it and then tack it down in order to stop it from slipping.

I then attached the hook and bars to the waistband of my Orb Weaver Skirt.

I hope to get these amendments finished tomorrow as I will soon have more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment