Today has been the 4th day of fittings week and I was able to have my last two fittings.
Before my first fitting of the day I was able to carry on inserting the lining into my Huntsman dress. I attached the lining at the armholes, then I inserted it into the zip and finally I hemmed both the lining and the shell. I was then able to attach the chain shoulder piece to the loops of ribbon along the neckline. I am really pleased with the garment and I feel that I have been able to finish it to a high standard.
After that I was able to fit my Black Widow Coat to my model. I am really pleased as it fits well so I just need to finish it.
After my fittings I was able to finish my shorts. I decided to change the waist as the elastic that I used for my toile and planned to use for my final garments didn't have a very nice effect so after some advice I decided to finish the edge with a folded piece of the lycra. I am pleased with this effect.
On the second pair to go with my black widow coat I decided to keep the waist the same length as with the seam allowance as they fitted nicely the height that they were on the model.
I then started to finish the edge of the Black Widow Vest using black satin bias binding.
I am really pleased that I was able to finish all of my fittings as I now have tomorrow and Monday to finish all of my garments.