Wednesday 9 March 2011

Enrichment Week - Make a Bag

This week has been Enrichment Week at college, where we get chance to get involved with activities that aren't necessarily part of our course. I decided to to 'Make a Bag'. When I chose to do this I thought that we would make a bag that was very simple and didn't have much structure. To my surprise what I ended up making was something completely different.

I decided to bring in my own fabric so that my bag would be made of fabric where the colour and pattern appealed to me.

The first thing that we did was to cut the correct pieces out of the fabric.
Then we made up the lining .

After that we made up the outside/shell of the bag.

This is how my bag turned out.
I am really pleased with the result and feel like I have been able to accomplish a very useful skill from this workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment