Monday, 28 March 2011

Neck Facing

As I mentioned in a previous post we have made a dress with a 'V' Neck, but the edge around the neck and the armholes are still unfinished.

The first step that we took to finish these edges was to finish the neck so we inserted a facing.

This is what the finished edge looks like.
After completing a neck facing on this dress I feel that I will be able to apply this in the future to dresses that I make. One thing that went wrong was that the 'V' neck has ended up wonky, I don't know why this has happened but if I was to do it again I would try and be more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment