Sunday 20 May 2012

11 Days to go...

On Friday I completed a few small tasks for my collection which brings me a step closer to finishing.

The first task was to construct and insert the collar and cuffs.
I started by constructing the collar.





Then I attempted to insert it into the shirt.  This is where my problems began.  Because of the nature of the fabric the top layer of the collar stand had mis-shapen and therefore wouldn't fit.  Also I had used medium weight interfacing which had cheapened the look of the garment so I decided that I could restart the collar after buying light weight interfacing.



Next I constructed my funnel web vest in the champagne fabric. I used french seam due to the transparency of the fabric and I am really pleased with the effect.



I just need to insert the zip in the back to complete this garment before fittings week.


Then I inserted the waistband into my Funnelweb Skirt.  I wouldn't normally do this before fittings week but as I wanted to insert the zip before fittings I had to.



I am really pleased with this fit of this garment and I feel that it is very flattering to the figure.


Here is the whole outfit.  I was worried that the colours wouldn't look right together but after seeing them I was really pleased with them.


Next I started to experiment with the chains and I created the web effect that I wanted.  Now I just need to attach them to the loops.

Finally I inserted the zip into the orange funnelweb vest I had experienced a few problems with the tension of the machine but after changing machine I was able to insert the zip.  Here is the finished top, after fittings week I just need to insert the bias binding.



No comments:

Post a Comment