Saturday 18 June 2011

My Finished Dress

On Friday I did the final step in finishing my dress; this was to hem the bottom.

The first thing that I did was sew the corners on the machine where the slit is so that when they were turned the correct way they looked neat and tidy.


When this was done I could pin the rest of the hem up.

 Then I hand sewed the hem and the slits so that they looked neat and the stitching couldn't be seen from the front.
 One problem I came across when doing the hem was that the pin-tuck fabric didn't catch under the hem.  To solve this I am going to hand tack this under to give a neat edge.
 This is my finished dress.

 This is my dress and the collar piece together.

I am really pleased with the results, I just hope that it fits the model on the fashion shows and I have no problems.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Very different, so cool!

    http://www.fashionhacks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is pretty much a work of art. congratulations! now for the FUN part. fittings!!

    ReplyDelete