Wednesday 22 June 2011

One day to go

Well today has been my first day experiencing the feel of being backstage at Winsford Lifestyle Centre which is where the fashion show that I have been talking about for a while now is being held.  

When I first arrived I was faced with a familiar room with rows of chairs and the catwalk, familiar as I have been to see the fashion show in previous years.  Then I was guided down a narrow opening into the backstage area of the room and was firstly confronted by lots of rails with pictures of models above each one, then, when I walked further in I saw a wall covered in massive pieces of paper which were each covered in writing explaining the running order with information about which model, which designer and a description of the outfit that they will be wearing.  Then the day was filled with run through's and odd jobs.

Finally the dress rehearsal, after choosing which model I would be dressing and making sure all the outfits she will be wearing are on her rail and arranged so that I can dress her as quickly as I can, I was approached by my tutor and moved to the wings.  This meant that I wasn't dressing anymore I am now sending the models on and making sure that they are in the right order in the right outfits.

I cant actually believe that the first fashion show is tomorrow, soo excited.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! :) X

    P.S. Don’t forget about my new giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete