Today I have been continuing with my coat toile. Today has been a bit of a struggle but now that I have done it once it should be easier for my final garment.
The first thing that I did was to pattern the panels for my top collar piece.
Some of the seam lines didn't match which is something that I will need to watch out for when creating my final garment.
I then did the top stitching.
I inserted the lining at the sleeves, I didn't have any problems with this. I really like the effect and finish that it has created.
Another thing that I will have to watch out for when creating my final garment is that the seams match from the lining through to the facing.
I then sewed up the bottom edge, this has also given a nice finish to the garment.
I inserted the underneath side of the collar to the back of the coat. I am pleased that the collar finally fits and I can't wait to see the garment finished.