Thursday 29 March 2012

Finishing my Orb Weaver Shorts Toile

Today I have been finishing my Orb Weaver Shorts Toile.

I cut a piece of elastic to 38cm

I then looped the elastic and overlapped it by 3cm, then I secured the loop on the sewing machine.

After looking back at the way that I finished the leg holes I really wasn't pleased so I looked at different ways to finish this edge.  I then sampled cover stitching which I really liked and I decided that this would be the way that I would finish the garment.

I then adapted my patterns, I added an extra 0.5cm seam allowance to the leg holes and I extended the height of the waist to allow for the waist casing the elastic.

I then re-created my toile with these new finishes.

Here is the finished toile.  I am really pleased with the results and feel that the new finish makes the garment look a lot stronger and more professional.





No comments:

Post a Comment