Today I have been finishing my Orb Weaver Shorts Toile.
I cut a piece of elastic to 38cm
I then looped the elastic and overlapped it by 3cm, then I secured the loop on the sewing machine.
After looking back at the way that I finished the leg holes I really wasn't pleased so I looked at different ways to finish this edge. I then sampled cover stitching which I really liked and I decided that this would be the way that I would finish the garment.
I then adapted my patterns, I added an extra 0.5cm seam allowance to the leg holes and I extended the height of the waist to allow for the waist casing the elastic.
I then re-created my toile with these new finishes.
Here is the finished toile. I am really pleased with the results and feel that the new finish makes the garment look a lot stronger and more professional.