Today I have been continuing with my Black Widow Coat toile. The next stage in this process was to pattern the lining and the facing.
I then drew on a 4cm facing along the centre front and around the neckline.
I smoothed the line on the corner as I think that it will look better.
I then traced off all the separate pieces.
Another part of my coat that I did was to draw on the seam line for the extra panel that I need to create in order to complete the paneling effect.
I then adapted my pattern to accommodate this change.
So I moved the dart to the side seam just under the armhole.
I also made my facing 6cm instead of 4cm and it stops at the shoulder seam instead of carrying onto the back.