Today I have been continuing with my Black Widow Coat. The next step was to construct the lining.
I constructed the lining like I would any other garment.
Inserted the darts.
Sewed up the side seams.
Inserted the CF facings
As the lining has to allow for movement I added 2cm ease at the CB fold. So that the back piece would fit at the neck line I inserted a pleat.
I sewed the shoulder seams.
I inserted the sleeves.
One problem that I had was that I didn't add seam allowance to the front lining piece. So that I could continue with the toile I added a small panel to compensate for this and I will adapt my pattern pieces.
I attached the bottom facing. I am now considering making the bottom panel on the fold so that there is no seam along the bottom edge.
I am really please with the lining so far and feel that it finishes the garment well.