Tuesday 3 May 2011

Sampling for my Final Garment

As you may be aware by now I am currently studying a brief where we will be making our dress for the end of year fashion show. Yes, if your wondering I am very excited for the outcome of this brief but its not as simple as just getting some fabric and making a dress.

Firstly you may have seen my research into illustrators and my fabric swatches which are all part of the same brief, but just the start. Now I am starting to sample elements of my design to gain the knowledege so I can create them to the best of my ability.

The first thing that I have sampled Is pin-tucks for the main body of my dress, this is what I created.

This helped me to gain information about the type of fabric that is suitable to create the effect I am aiming for. I will be using a cotton like material to create them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is all so complicated and percise. I admire your attention to detail! I can't wait to see the outcome!

    ReplyDelete