Now that my collar piece is finished and I have received the fabric that I ordered from London I can start to manufacture my dress. The first thing that I needed to do was to was cut out the patterns for the pin-tucks in the fabric that I have received from London.
When trying to fit my patterns onto the fabric the biggest pattern wouldn't fit.
To solve this problem I had to cut the biggest pattern in half and add seam allowance to the two new edges.
After sewing the two base panels together I could begin to think about the pin-tucks. The first thing that I had to do was sew the three parts of the pin-tuck panel together to create a continuous strip. When this was done I started to insert the fabric using the fold-lines on the pattern.
On problem that I have come across when inserting the pin-tucks is that the fabric goes off to one side and starts to show the fabric underneath, to solve this problem I tried to manipulate the pleats to make the fabric travel back the other way but when sewing it moved back across creating the gap where the base fabric is showing.